Jacob closed out an amazing Track & Field career with the Benedictine Ravens, placing 6th in the Decathlon at the NAIA National Championships in Gulf Shores, Alabama on May 21-23, 2015. His 6th place earned him the title of All-American. Placing 2nd in Javelin and 3rd in the High Jump boosted his final overall score to 6,317. Other events included in the Decathlon are: 100m run, Long Jump, Shot Put, 400m run, 110m Hurdles, Discuss, Pole Vault, and the 1500m run. Long Jump and Hurdles were also higher scoring events for Jacob.
- 10 Time NAIA National Qualifier
- *3x Indoor Heptathlon, 4x Outdoor Decathlon, 2x Indoor High Jump, 1x Javelin Throw
- HAAC (Heartland of America Athletic Conference) Champion
- *Heptathlon 3 years, High Jump 2 years, Decathlon 4 years
- HAAC Field Player of the Week, 4 Times
- NAIA Indoor Field Athlete of the Week: Feb. 2013
- HAAC Indoor Track & Field Most Valuable Athlete 2013 (MVP Award)
- 7 Semester Scholar Athlete
- Highest Decathlon Score: 6,376 @ HAAC Championship in May 2014
- Dean’s List for Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas
Jacob was a team captain for 2 years. He worked to help the team come together in competition, friendship, and faith by arranging for the team to attend Mass together before meets. He also served as a Student Leader for FOCUS, leading two bible studies-one for the men’s Cross Country team and one for the men’s Track & Field team.
High School: Mount Michael Benedictine Class of 2011
Grade School: St. Mary’s Bellevue Class of 2007
Jacob spent the summer interning with KPMG for auditing and will start working there in January 2016 after he finishes his last semester at Benedictine College.